Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 changes

Couch to 5k update...I've been sticking with it! I actually ran 4 times last week, and did the first day of week 3 today WITH a little extra running at the end! The last walking interval meets up with the cool down, and I don't need 8 minutes of walking in a row.  I've also been doing well eating healthier - not perfectly, but much much better than pre-holidays (and concurrent holidays..yikes). 

Healthy items I've been enjoying:
-Smoothies made with 8 ounces of almond milk, 3 large spoonfuls of Cabot vanilla bean reduced fat Greek yogurt, spinach, and some frozen fruit
-Avocado mashed up with lemon and garlic salt on Stacy's whole grain pita chips
-Carrots with Otria Greek yogurt dip

I signed up to do a "Biggest Loser" competition at school, so that's providing an extra oomph of motivation. I passed up doughnuts this week, which was a big deal, because I was really hungry and they smelled amazing. And they were free. Poor + fat = doom.

I'm hoping to keep with the exercising over the next couple months when things get busy. We're hoping to put our house on the market in March and buy a new, big, forever home. This will be an adventure worth chronicling in itself. I need to start taking pictures if this blog is going to be any less boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment