Saturday, January 5, 2013

No more water smoothies

Well, I already proved I suck at sticking to even a simple exercise program. Today was the last day of week 1 of C25K and I, of course, only did 2 out of 3 workouts. Remember when I was all like "yeah I'm going to do 4 this week, NBD." Not so much apparently. I'm not going to get discouraged. I really would have done today's workout but I had a horrible headache. I'll pick up tomorrow with Day 1 of Week 2. I have to download week 2's podcast. The podcasts are coming from here, in case you're interested: http://runningintoshape.com/5k-training-downloads/

Although I didn't work out today, I ate pretty well. I think part of the contributing factor to my headache was dehydration (I forgot to bring water to work yesterday and the tap water just wasn't going down so easily). I made myself a nice little smoothie with 8 ounces vanilla almond milk, 3 large spoons of vanilla lowfat Greek yogurt, a couple handfuls of spinach, a handful of frozen cherries, and a handful of frozen blackberries. It was pretty good - much better than my fruit & water only smoothies.
Mom...want to share??
If I make smoothies more tasty like this one, I'll be more likely to WANT to drink them, so I am not going to make nasty water smoothies anymore. 

I also had carrots with Otria carmelized onion Greek yogurt dip as a snack. I didn't really eat lunch since my head hurt - instead I napped and by the time I woke up I felt good enough to have the carrots. For dinner I had a slice of pizza - not the healthiest choice, but it was only one slice, so I still feel good about it.

Last night, Bill ate 3 Reeses PB trees. This morning he woke up and proudly declared that he lost 3 pounds this week. I hate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment